A professional development course
The online course is designed for an experienced UX or service designer.
590 € (+ VAT)
Get notified when enrolling opens
Give us your email and we will notify you when the course starts.
What you’ll learn
On this online course you will learn advanced skills that will widen your perspective from a designer to a leader who can effectively guide other designers in a team, and apply design methods to the creation of business and brand strategies.
After completing the course you have learned to use practical tools that help you to take action.
- Lead Designer roles in different organisations
- Understanding your own strengths
2. Design Leadership Tools
- Coaching for Professional Development (OKRs and Skill Matrix)
- Fostering psychological safety
- Setting design principles
- Team rituals
3. Scoping a Design Project
- Project objectives and key results (OKRs)
- User story mapping
4. Contributing to Business Strategy
- Utilising in-depth customer and user insight
- Experimenting strategic hypothesis and business ideas
- Connecting product metrics and high-level business goals
5. Brand in User Experience
- Role of brand in UX
- Applying service design to the brand development
Online study material, hands-on exercises, downloadable canvases and chat-based mentoring
Author and mentor
“During my 17 year UX career I’ve gone through a long journey from UI design to UX, continuing to Service Design and Business Design, and finally leading a design team for a few years as a Lead Designer and Head of UX.
Some career steps were natural and easy, but some new roles with leadership and business design responsibilities required an extensive study and experimentation of different methods.
With this course, I want to make the journey easier for you. You will learn practical tools which I’ve found the most useful when moving forward from a UX designer’s role.
Currently I’m a freelance designer and I teach at UX Academy Finland.”
You might be interested
Career paths of an experienced UX Designer
With a few years of experience as a UX designer under your belt, you might be thinking what’s next? How can I progress in my UX/UI career? There are several interesting career paths you can take to boost your UX career growth.